Thursday, July 16, 2009

Portland Historics - from the paddock

Here's the promised post of Portland Historic Paddock pictures. Bear with me as I'm not sure what a lot of these cars are, but some friends are helping me identify them. The blog software has been going nuts with all of these pics, so this is only Part 1. Here we go:

Lotus Elan

Porsche 914

TVR?

Unknown, but highly polished!

Even the engine was beautiful!

Couldn't help myself, I thought this scooter was cool as all get-out.

MG

Alfa Romeo

Lotus Formula car

Sports Racer. Lola maybe?

Some sort of BMW (Bavaria?) with cool headlights and a Grand Sport stripe.

Formula car

Another Formula car.

Lola Sports Racer

Can-Am Frisbee engine (SBC)

There were some nice street cars in attendance as well. This 911 was clean!

But the Martini racing version was better.

This is a real Talbot-Lago. It sounded glorious and the driver was not afraid to get on it!

This is the real 1970 Ferrari 512 as driven by the North American Racing Team, including the man that brought Ferrari into the US, Louis Chinetti.

The only view other drivers got!

I think this is a Lotus XI.

Shelby GT-350R B/P

GT-40, but I'm pretty sure it was a replica.

63 Split-Window Corvette racer.

Part 2 is on it's on way next.

No comments:

Post a Comment