Sunday, July 5, 2009

ORPCA AutoX #4 at PIR on 5 July (today)


Well, I got back from the ORPCA Autocross a few hours ago. I visited a GRM member (Bryce who goes by Naschco) to see his wild AWD Fiero Hybrid (more coming about that one later), did some homework, downloaded the photos, and now I'm posting them. Results aren't even up yet for me to link to! Anyways, we had a really low car count because of the the date which equated into EIGHT runs a piece! Now that was worth rolling out of bed at 5AM for! Tony (wherethefmi from GRM) came down to double-drive my car since he ships out to Afghanistan in under 2 weeks (good luck and stay safe out there). He did very well for having never driven my car before or having to deal with the rally-cross like elevation changes at PIR's South Paddock.

We had a great day of autocrossing and the course was stellar. ORPCA really knows how to run an event and I really enjoy them (characters and all). I took a bunch of pictures (with a new camera because I broke my old one on Friday like an idiot) and then passed the camera off to Josh while I worked. So without further ado, the pictures:

A shot for Grassroots Motorsports of three readers/forum members flying the colors. From the left is Jared (Black FD RX-7 in SSM from Oregon), Tony (wherethefmi from Ft, Lewis with a minivan), and myself (Michael Pinto, the infamous P71, from Kelso, WA).

A pic of the $hitBox because Britain made me promise I would take pics of it.

Jared at the starting line with yours truly manning the green flag.

Tony hustling my 83 RX-7 through the cones. I need better shocks, springs, and swaybars. Look at that body lean!

My car was young at this event! Lots of classic 911's and 914's to out-age it as usual, plus some other neat stuff like a Corolla SR5 and this 240Z.

Plenty of not-quite classic cars as well. This 300ZX was clean and quick. Dig the 350Z wheels.

Mean turbo Civic making a corner. This car makes serious power.

Of course I got some Porsche shots as well. Nice Boxter here.

Josh tearing it up in the multi-colored LS1 RX-7. We've started calling it the Millennium Falcon...

Whale-tail Targa 911.

Too fast for me! Still getting used to the new camera.

Boxter coming at you!

Silver 914 out for the first time this year. It's kind of weird seeing a stock one after being so used to the highly modified ones at ORPCA.

We actually had two near-stock 914's today.

I promise to practice with the new camera before the next event!

The only reason I get good shot of my car is because it's so slow!

The closest we can get to a shot of Britain in action. Slow down dammit!

Special thanks to Tony for serving our country and coming down for some free seat time. Also for taking pictures along with Josh and Richard. A thanks to Jared for always being so nice and bringing out the racecam thing (email me the videos!). And of course, a huge thanks to Britain, Gary, Don, JP, and all of the ORPCA members for another great event.

No comments:

Post a Comment