Saturday, August 29, 2009

Oregon Region SCCA Auto-X #7 on 8/23/09 in Packwood

Hey everybody! I'm trying to play catch-up since there's no racing this weekend. Here's the pics and story from the latest Oregon Region SCCA Autocross which was last Sunday at Packwood. Turnout was on the low side but was very high quality as a lot of Nationals hopefuls showed up for that "last practice". There were some mechanical failures, but no safety problems and the course was awesome! Because I race in the Street Tire classes I only have pictures from the morning session, sorry afternoon racers. John came down from Bellingham to run his GTO in STU as normal, but he corded a tire and we had no replacements! After a quick consult with the rulebook we determined my Crown Vic Police Interceptor P71 could move up from STX to STU so I let him take it. It's really weird to follow your own car on a road trip. Even weirder to shag cones for it...


The view on the drive from Longview to Packwood.

John and Audra helping setup base camp for the day.

The P71 dressed up in STU guise. Not the most competitive in class I'm sure...

It sure does look good with the 17" Ford Racing FR500 wheels. Unfortunately mine are the knock-offs and quite a bit heavier than the real ones. Still lighter than the factory steelies!

Yes, we really put "Ram Rod" on the tail. You can't own one of these cars without a sense of humor... and a mustache.

The weather turned out to be chilly with breaks of sun. It was a nice change of pace from our usual 100* days!

This only car older than my RX7! I love this little Honda.

Audra and I co-drove the 7.

If the GT-R is Godzilla than the P71 is Mecha-Godzilla. Battle of the super-heavyweight, high-power cars!

Audra wants one of these, an NA Miata. If you have one cheap...

And John wants one of these, a C4 Corvette convertible. If you have one cheap...

And I want one of these, a C5 Corvette Z06. If you have one cheap...

Honda S2000

MINI Cooper S

Porsche 944

C5 Z06

C6 Z06. I love this car!

Lotus Elise

My '01 Crown Vic Police Interceptor

Did I mention how much I enjoy this Honda?

The mountains make for a great backdrop!

Audra getting ready to go.

Packwood is always great. The locals are friendly, the food is good, the courses are hot, and the view fantastic!

I was trying to get some great shots of all of the cars in my run group. I particularly liked this one.

I had to resort to extreme zoom to get any action shots.

But the starting line afforded a great vantage.

And she's off!
Audra on the go.
Chuck's excellent Porsche Boxter. Great shot!

At speed!

Hollywood and the C5 Z06 getting ready.
Hollywood at speed.

Further out

Hollywood finishing up.

The C4 comes through the finish while a Miata zooms by in the distance.

The 944 gets it's close-up.

As does the S2000.

The weather started to break.

The beautiful blue C6 Z06 on a run.

And into the corner!

Chuck has too much fun. I couldn't resist snapping this shot.

Classic!

Yay! A good shot of my car!

OK, two shots.

Audra is having too much fun!

Beautiful!

Gorgeous!

405HP 5.7L LS6

Menacing!

Some shots of the trip home.




The P71 looks sweet when it's moving! Love those new wheels!

No comments:

Post a Comment