Thursday, June 25, 2009

ORPCA AutoX #3 on 6-21-09 at PIR

Hey everybody! I figure it's probably a good time for me to start a blog as I'm always taking pictures at these events. A few days ago was the Oregon Region Porsche Club's Autocross #3 held at Portland International Raceway. We had a huge turnout, mostly good weather, and a good course. Unfortunately we also had the first ever wreck at a ORPCA event when a Novice in a Supercharged fox Mustang Convertible tapped a guardrail. Thankfully everybody was OK and the car was drivable. Take a lesson though, if you spin DON'T try to save it! The run will suck anyways and getting back on the gas will vault you off course! Kudos to the owner/driver for getting right back up on that horse and running the rest of the day. Anyways, here are some pics from the event:

This is what happens when you try to save a snap-oversteer spin with throttle instead of brakes.

Classic 911 on course.

Zane in the insane supercharged Miata.

My favorite colored 911!

Targa!

John's GTO, which I borrowed for the event ;)

Barry's GT3

I am making it my policy to share images with my racing friends for free. I take many, many more pictures than I can ever hope to post, so if you were at one of the events I post, please e-mail me at: amx310 AT gmail DOT com and I will gladly send you the full-size versions of whatever I have.

1 comment:

  1. I was expecting more carnage on the Mustang, that will buff right out.

    You gotta know when to put both feet in. :)

    ReplyDelete